Different kinds of Pride

1. It is called the “I am Special” pride!

Symptoms:

  • You get offended, when your name is not mentioned in the address book of a thank you mail! You may not display it though! You wouldn’t completely accept apologies of errors by others! Take for example, someone accidentally spills coffee over you. He apologizes to you. He may even offer to buy you another shirt. But deep inside your heart, you are still so upset!
  • You would rather wait for someone to greet you first (especially your subordinates/associates). Till that time you are busy ignoring the other person!
  • You expect personal invitation at all invites failing which you’d rather choose not to attend – even if it’s a good friend’s celebration. Incase someone missed you in their invite list, for whatever reason, you begin to brood over it and never quite get over it.
  • You seem to get offended at the slightest gesture of casualness by a new friend or a family relative and even give it back at times!!


2. It is called the “I am invincible” pride!

Symptoms:
  • You have a tough time accepting, or considering for that matter, suggestion given by colleagues / subordinates or anyone else!
  • You do not entertain people who challenge you or correct you! You’d rather keep away and maintain distance!
  • You avoid contact with people whom you think have a higher potential compared to you.
  • You get extremely offended when your associates seek help for complicated cases from your friend and not you!
  • You don’t maintain eye contact when you wish your associates back.

Do you know that God considers PRIDE as the top most of all sins. He opposes the PROUD! It was Pride that brought Lucifer down!



3. “You can’t touch me” pride!

  • What is your immediate reaction to someone, who is trying to correct you? Especially when that person is your subordinate – and he/she is advising you on your area of expertise?
  • Do you patiently listen to the critic or keep cutting them often?
  • When you are being corrected, do you get excited or are you busy planning a counter attack in your mind?
  • Are you a easy person to talk to? Are you easy to reach out to? Or are you cut off?


4. “I am the eldest” pride !

  • Are you a strong believer of, “with age comes experience, and by default wisdom”?
  • Do you have a problem working under a boss who is younger to you?
  • Do you mind taking instructions from a new member of the Church?
  • Do you have a problem taking back your words?




5. “I am super Christian” pride ! — Beware of this. It’s a monster!!!!!

  • You’ve been baptised in water by immersion and then you’ve been baptised in the Holy Spirit.
  • You are on fire for the Lord. You’ve even brought a couple of people to the Lord.
  • You prayed and someone got delivered / healed.
  • Your Pastor has even made a special mention of you in Church, soon after which, your perception about everyone begins to change!!!! You expect your fellow church friends to do stuff that you do! You begin to question your fellow believers and challenge their faith!
  • You start your own analysis of all visiting preachers / teachers / pastors, and also give them grades.




Do you want to hear of more kinds of pride?

Why not repent from these five types of pride, right now people!

If  you feel convicted, there’s no better time than now  to repent and recommit yourself to the Lord..

let’s pray:

“Dear Lord Jesus, I have sinned against YOU by making me first in all the matters and not YOU..
Lord.. I have allowed pride to take control of my heart and mind… and have thus gone afar from YOUR presence..
Lord, here am I… crying out to You, please forgive me… and accept me back again… help me to live for You… and as I keep living for You Lord… one day Lord, help me to be transformed completely into Your image.. so that people do not see me anymore, but they will only see YOU and only YOU..
Forgive me, accept me and restore unto me the joy of Your salvation and renew a right spirit within me…
Amen”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Supernatural Miracles of Jesus -Part 1

I Am....

WHAT IS FAITH?