Blessedness of being intimate with the Lord

Daily Word

27th Sept 2017

Sis. Nancy Manoj


Blessedness of being Intimate with the Lord


He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

-Psalms 91 :1-2


Verse 1 is the key verse because it expresses about the
blessedness of a man who is intimate with God and explains the details regarding the whole Psalms. Here the word “ "Shelter" (or
secret place)” is the place of complete dependency and true intimacy with
the Lord but the word “dwell” speaks much more. It is more than a place
of visit. It is a place of continual residence (of trusting God
continually). Every believer’s highest priority in life is being intimate
with God, trusting Him and pleasing Him. Enoch was such a man (Gen
5:24, Heb 11:5). David desired this intimacy with all his heart (Ps 27:4)
John 15:7 says "If you remain in Me and let My words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! So as we dwell in
the shelter of the Most High we are continually dependant and intimate with
the Sovereign Ruler of the world who is Almighty God and then we shall
rest under the shadow of the Almighty
It means that the Omnipotent power and all
sufficiency of God will be our protection and provision. What a great
security !
Such a person can say the Lord (Yeshuaa) is my refuge and fortress from
trouble, and my God in whom I trust at all times.

Let us pray:

Father God, help me to be continually dependant on you and to have an intimate relationship with you all the time. Help me never to be disconnected from you even for a single moment in my thought. I want to dwell in your presence at all times because I know my comfort and protection comes from you and you alone. And therefore in the times of trouble Iwill not be shaken. I will say of the Lord, you are my refuge and fortress, My God, in whom I trust. In Jesus Mighty Name, I pray.

Amen.


Life in Jesus Ministries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am....

Glorify Him.

The Supernatural Miracles of Jesus -Part 1