Deceitful Self-love.

Daily Word

14th Oct. 2017 - Shruti Vanjare


 “It is not good to eat much honey, nor is it glorious to seek one's own glory.”-Proverbs 25:27


As we discussed in the previous devotion, another kind of self love is conceited and arrogant. Pride is the most dangerous form of self love.This kind of love makes you believe that you're better than anyone else and makes you proud and boastful. This is the kind of self-love that God hates and it's clearly a sin. Proverbs 16:5 “Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.”

At the same time, we need to be careful and beware of self worship. This is the negative form of self love which is purely deception. The enemy leads you to believe that you're better than everyone, even God himself. This is exactly why Lucifer was thrown down from heaven; because of his pride. He was convinced that he is better than the God who created him and God's wrath is still trampling him to the ground. God hates pride and doesn't approve of people who are lovers of themselves. 2 Timothy 3:1-2 “You must realize, however, that in the last days difficult times will come. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy.” God doesn't want us to be proud because that's exactly what we are not called for. Humility comes before honor and that's what pleases God.

Therefore we need to be away from pride (physical, emotional, financial and spiritual) and instead, maintain or align our identity with Christ because He has loved us first. How much more should we be thankful to God and love ourselves because He has carved us with His own hands. We need to ask God to give us His grace so that not even one negative statement leaves our lips regarding our worth because who are we to criticise the work of the Potter's Hands? We need to ask God for his humilty and meekness, a Christ like nature; so that we are never boastful of our being.

Prayer:

Father, let me never be proud or boastful regarding anything in my life. Everything that I have and everything that I am is because of you and your compassion for me. Let me always remember the place where you got me out of, and let your humility always abide in me. Forgive me if I have ever boasted about my own self and practiced selfish pride. Thank you for still loving me the same in every circumstance.
In Jesus’ name I pray.
Amen.

-Life in Jesus Ministries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glorify Him.

The Supernatural Miracles of Jesus -Part 1

I Am....