Glorify Him.

Daily Word

16th Oct. 2017 - Shruti Vanjare



“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” - Matthew 5:16


All glory, on Heaven and on Earth belongs to God. He created us so that the people recognize His glory through our behavior and standard of living. In the above verse, Jesus explains how you need to let your light shine before men. By this, He means that your walk with God should be according to His standard so they glorify our Father in Heaven. The world may carry on doing things monotonously without keeping in mind the God of all creation, but that shouldn't be the case with us, who believe. When they see the good works in you, they start glorifying the God who is within you because it's certain that nothing can else bring such a transformation, but Jesus Himself.

“Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may, because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation” - 1 Peter 2:12

People may mock and criticise you for the way you live in Christ, but that shouldn't change the fact that you are doing everything for His glory. Thus, we need to maintain an excellent exterior as well as an excellent interior for them to observe. Having a Christ like nature would lead others into wonder why and how you're being thankful to Jesus no matter what life throws your way. This directly leads them to wanting to know Jesus because they notice how you behave and live your daily life, and how you're blessed in every circumstance.

Therefore, when you are set out to do or say something, ask yourself; “Is this going to glorify Jesus?” The answer will be right in front of you and you'd know if your decision is correct or not. We were bought at a price and that's why it is important to have a thankful heart and glorify God in everything that we do. Psalms 86:12 “I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.”

Prayer:

Loving Lord Jesus, I was created for your glory and I will glorify your name in everything that I do. Help me to be a living example of the result of your sacrifice and be willing to share your loving kindness with others, so that they glorify you alone. You increase, and I will decrease because you alone are worthy. I surrender my life to you and let all the glory be directed to you. Forgive me for the times that I've let you down and gone against your plan for me. Lord, let only your will be done in my life forever. In Jesus name I pray,
Amen.

-Life in Jesus Ministries.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Supernatural Miracles of Jesus -Part 1

I Am....