Set Apart!

Daily Word

3rd October 2017

Shruti Vanjare

“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

Romans 12:2

Conformation with the world means to behave according to socially acceptable norms of present times, in the society we live in. As believers we have a certain standard that God has set for us. We serve the King of Glory; seas part and storms cease just by hearing His voice. How much more should we be boasting in Him, humbly on our knees? We cannot be conformed to the world because the standard of the world is way beneath the standard of Heaven.

We were created in the image of Christ (Genesis 1:26) and we were called to be Holy, just as He is. This comes through edification and renewing of our hearts and minds, a way in which God transforms us. “For with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.” (Romans 10:10)

Friendship with the world signifies an enmity with God. (James 4:4) There are numerous things that is acceptable in the world, but completely an abomination in the sight of God. (Galatians 5:19-21) These practices are welcome in parts of the society but totally against the standard that God has set for us. We should not be influenced by what the world has to say about holiness and our walk with God. What people of the world think of us will not help inherit the Kingdom, but what God thinks of us will.

“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your true and proper worship.” (Romans 12:1) Being a living sacrifice for God is the way we prove to the world that what is good and acceptable, and the perfect will of God. Our behavior should reflect Jesus for the world to see, and help them know God through our character. Today, we need to ask God to transform our hearts and minds and align it according to the heart of Jesus so we are pure, holy and blameless in His sight.

Prayer-

Lord Jesus,
thank you for setting me apart from the world and finding me worthy to be called your child. Help me to flee the temptations of this world and be transformed by your Word. Cleanse my heart and my mind with your precious blood and lead me in the way that you have in store for me. Forgive me for the times that I compromised the standard that you have set for me and sinned against you. Thank you for raising me up with your love and never giving up on me. In Jesus’ name I pray
 Amen

-Life in Jesus Ministries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glorify Him.

The Supernatural Miracles of Jesus -Part 1

I Am....