Love Yourself.

Daily Word

13th Oct. 2017- Shruti Vanjare.


“To acquire wisdom is to love oneself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.” -Proverbs 19:8


When it comes to loving yourself, there are two kinds. First is self-conceited and arrogant love. This kind of love makes you believe that you're better than anyone else and makes you proud and boastful. This is the kind of self-love that God hates and it's clearly a sin. We shall discuss this kind of love in the next devotion.

Moving further, this brings us to the another kind of self-love, which is natural. It's thanking God for creating you in His image and His image is nothing but perfection. It's being aware that God has made you fearfully and wonderfully, but not letting it get to your head and becoming proud about it. It's thanking God for making you beautiful (irrespective of your perception of beauty) The scriptures never ask us to not love ourselves, because it's natural. Ephesians 5:29 “For no one has ever hated his own body, but he nourishes and tenderly cares for it, as the Messiah does the church.”

We tend to speak negatively about ourselves a lot of times. It could come in simple words like, “I am not worthy of this.” Or “I'm ugly and incapable of doing the things God has destined me for.” This is not what God has called you to do! You are directly cursing God for making you a certain way and blaming Him because of how He's formed you.

Psalm 139:14 “I  will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this.”

God has made you with so much love and compassion and in His eyes, you're everything to Him. You're worthy enough to have him killed just so that you do not have to face God's wrath for an eternity. This is how passionate Jesus is about you. Know your worth in God, and not others and this will lead you to love yourself just as God has instructed you to.

Prayer:

 Lord Jesus, forgive me for all the times that I have spoken against myself and your Word. Help me to love myself in a way that you want and be grateful for my calling. Father, I want to love others and myself with the love that you have for me. Help me to never speak negatively about myself and know my worth in You. Thank you for cleansing my spirit from within and aligning it with Yours.
In Jesus’ name I pray.
Amen.

-Life in Jesus Ministries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glorify Him.

The Supernatural Miracles of Jesus -Part 1

I Am....